Zen Shiatsu (Summer Mobile service)
90 130 €90.00 - €130.00
Also known as Acupressure, the Japanese term Shiatsu translates as “finger pressure” but similar to Thai Massage in practice - hands, knees, elbows or even feet are used by the practitioner, to apply gentle pressure to the body. Shiatsu is based on the principle that energy (Qi) runs through the meridians which are said to govern the internal organs and our entire metabolism (Trad. Chinese Medicine). The pressure is placed at precisely located points on the meridian lines of the body through which energy flows. Applying pressure on the points has the effect of balancing that energy to help maintain or restore the body natural vitality, working on the principle that depleted energy requires toning to give relief whereas excess energy needs sedating. In addition to localised pressure points, Shiatsu can also involve stretching and manipulations. It is performed with the recipient dressed in loose, comfortable clothing, on the floor with a mat or futon. Treatments can help the young or old, active or sedentary and the method is claimed to help conditions as varied as·
- muscle pains and spasms
- allergies and asthma
- anxiety, depression, insomnia, headaches and migraines
- digestive disorders, menstrual problems and sinusitis
- At time of booking, you will be asked by our Verified & Secured by GoDaddy.com Booking Engine to provide a credit card number to secure the booking. This card will be used with your agreement, only to cover any subsequent late cancellation fee. (See Zen Spa's Cancellation Policy).
- You will not be billed unless there is a cancellation or no show.
- For Mobile Services at your Hotel room we accept only cash upon delivery.
- Due to long distances, a surcharge will be applied for: